A Marketing Touchpoint is when your brand, product, or service reaches the eyes of a targeted customer through digital or traditional channels. Any time that a potential consumer realizes a brand, that brand has gained one touchpoint with that consumer. On average is takes just over 20 touchpoints to move a consumer down the marketing funnel and into a closed conversion/sale, so managing the marketing budget along the way is critical to profitability and overall ROI.
The first channel to acquire touchpoints is through Google. Available options for reaching potential customers include the following:
1. Search campaigns that target relevant search queries being conducted for your products or services.
2. Shopping campaigns through a Google Merchant account both paid and organic.
3. Display network advertising to serve visual ads to users through the display network.
4. Organic search engine results pages if your website is optimized for SEO.
The second channel to acquire touchpoints is through Social Media. Available options for reaching potential customers include the following:
1. Engagement campaigns that use native ads to increase interaction rates.
2. Conversion based ads to move the user further down a sales funnel.
3. UGC which is short for User Generated Content. This is when a user tags your products or brand after they purchase and their personal audience is reached giving your brand a cost effective way to capture more touchpoints.
4. Organic impressions when proper hashtags, messaging and creative is used which resonates with a target audience to the fullest.
5. Retargeting users who engage with your brand through any other touchpoint channel.
The third channel to acquire touchpoints is through Email. Available options for reaching potential customers include the following:
1. Email Blasts are a great way to initiate an automated email campaign.
2. Automated email campaigns can target users and serve relevant emails based on the actions the user takes after being served the initial blast. This allows for multiple touchpoints with granular targeting.
The fourth channel to acquire touchpoints is through a website. Available options for reaching potential customers include the following:
1. Newsletter Sign Up Pop Ups are a great way to bring your user into your marketing funnel. They are an effective touchpoint that aids in targeting through additional channels.
2. Upsells on a website allow your business to serve product suggestions and promotions to a customer who is almost ready to purchase.
3. CTAs throughout a website that callout to an end goal such as a purchase or rewards program signup are an excellent touchpoint within a marketing funnel.
4. Flash sales with a count down are a great touchpoint that encourages a user to take action when they are towards the bottom of your sales or marketing funnel.